It’s easy to fall into a rut with the technology around us. Help your child (or yourself) keep a balanced life with this simple FREE DIY Balanced Chore Chart.
WHY & WHAT
We live in a world that makes it easy to become one dimensional. By accomplishing something in each of the 6 balanced life categories every day, we ensure that we are intentionally experiencing the fullness that life has to offer. This chart helps you and/or your child keep track of the activities you do each day before you fall prey to your normal go-to.
Creative activities involve things like art, writing, and music.
Intellectual activities involve studying and learning something new.
Physical activities involve your health in ways such as eating and exercise.
Spiritual activities involve your religious beliefs, nature, and mindfulness.
Social activities involve in-person interaction with friends and family.
Helpful activities (also known as service) involve acts of kindness.
So what can you do to ensure you and your family stay balanced? One idea is to print of this FREE chart, make it your own, and use it.
- Print off pages 1 & 2 (or 1 & 3 depending on your preference) from the PDF above.
- Cut along the dotted lines.
- Write your name or the name of the child in the top box.
- On the second page (if you chose page 2), write the reward. For example “Now I can… Watch a Show.” OR If you chose page 3, you will write what activities you did for each category on the lines.
- Tape or glue the top half of each page together.
- As you finish an activity from each category, fold up the flap (you may chose to put velcro, tacks or sticky tape on each flap for reuse).
- Personalize it! If you are making it for your child, it’s a great idea to let them decorate and color it themselves!
8. Share your finished design with us! #Coriaria @Coriaria
Have more ideas and examples of a Balanced Life Chart? Share them with us in the comments below!